Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Seach: Church Hunting

The third process that we've done after we discussed our wedding budget is to hunt and book for our wedding church.

Since both of us were born Catholic, we opted to have our wedding to be held in a catholic church.

We considered 3 Churches in Mind:
  1. St. Peter Parish, Tungko Mangga San Jose Del Monte Bulacan
  2. Shrine Of Our Lady Of Grace, Caloocan
  3. Transfiguration Chapel Caleruega, Nasugbu Batangas

ST. PETER PARISH, SJDM BULACAN
credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org




















If you will read my Our Story page here in my blog, I mentioned there during our courting stage that I prayed so hard, I asked for signs and I cried a lot inside the church. That church is St. Peter's Parish in our hometown, SJDM Bulacan.

It was also the same church where Mr. J and I had our 2nd meeting slash 1st group date with our mutual friend Ms. J, and the perks. We then used to attend masses here every time we're free during Sunday afternoon Mass of 4:30 PM.

SPP witnessed our blossoming love. A very special place for the both of us where in Mr. J received my "Sweetest Yes" way back July-30-2006, Sunday before 4:30 PM mass started.

I wasn't able to know what are their rules and how much do they require to pay for a wedding.

SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF GRACE, CALOOCAN

credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/loeweann
credit: http://wikimapia.org/


I used to live in Caloocan City when I started to have a job from 2008-2014. Our boarding house was just a few walks away from Our Lady of Grace Parish. When Mr. J finished his studies in 2009, and started to work as well, he lived also near at my place so we can get to see each other often. Both of us had been a parishioner of this church for almost 6 years.

OLGP witnessed our countless prayers, sworn statements we've made for each other, our tears when we cry for help and guidance, and our gratefulness for everything that we have.


We still remember the time when we prayed here together asking for God's guidance when Mr. J finally made his decision of leaving me and the country to work abroad - for our future plans. When Mr. J left, I can't even remember the countless times I cried here all alone, whenever I'm about to give up.


Same goes with this church, since they don't have an official website, I wasn't able to get any informations regarding wedding details.

TRANSFIGURATION CHAPEL OF CALERUEGA, BATANGAS


credit: http://blissful-weddings.com

















credit: http://weddingsinthephilippines.com



















Caleruega Chapel is my ultimate dream wedding church, but I've never been here in my entire life.

I've known this church almost 5 years ago, when I started to fall in love on reading different Philippine wedding blogs and articles. 

The very first time I saw the chapel, I already fell in love with it. Perfect for small and intimate weddings, the one that I am always dreaming of. The whole vicinity is just so breath-taking which will leave you in awe. Full of peace, sincerity, positivity, calmness, faithfulness, and love.

I always wonder of having my wedding in this church since then.

xoxo,
AnJ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment